March 4, 2016

Waffle Dream


FB post from Jan 11th:

Last night, one of my dreams was about waffles. More importantly, me eating waffles. During this dream, I woke just enough to bite my blankets, thinking there was a waffle right in front of my face. The lack of waffle woke me just a little more, but not enough to fully pull me from the dream. I could still smell the waffle right in front of my face, and the blanket clearly had whipped cream on it, so I licked it. And it tasted like whipped cream, but by then my brain had woken up enough to realize, at least in part, that blankets are not waffles and do not taste like whipped cream. That sensible part of my brain fought with the part that wanted to keep trying to eat the blankets and just barely won.

I tried to eat my blankets last night. And I had to force myself not to keep licking them.

No comments:

Post a Comment