May 5, 2014

Tummy Time


First time I ever tried to put my kid down on a blanket for tummy time, Tiger immediately laid down on it. There was no room for the baby.

I had to research what tummy time was when the doctors asked if we'd been doing it. It's basically exercise time for baby to strengthen the muscles in his/her arms. Also, it's good to have at least an hour a day where baby isn't putting any weight on the back of his/her head because the bones are soft and will flatten over time. If the flat spot gets too major, baby has to wear a special helmet so it won't get any worse.

Took my kid months to get any good at tummy time. He'd just plant his face down on the blanket and cry. At 6 1/2 months, he all-of-a-sudden could tummy time for about a half hour and then sit in a baby chair (Bumbo) for an hour. Which meant I could do stuff that wasn't holding him until his next nap. Woot.

Panel 1
Beth: [thinking] Perfect.

Panel 2
Beth: Tummy time, my ickle snug bug!

Panel 3
Beth: Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment