May 18, 2013

Leah Wins


Basically, any comment that points out the downside of a project makes me less likely to try.  Leah always goes straight to the "Yes, do it" option, often throwing in her own ideas or imaginings.  That's the kind of feedback that makes me feel like I can do anything I put my hand to.  Thing is, I know I can do anything learnable, but only if I have enough motivation.  Motivation is often my sole limiting factor, and anyone who dampens my enthusiasm with "reality" can that easily stop me from doing anything at all.

So here's to encouragement!


Panel 1
[People I Don't Want to Hang Out With]
Beth: I want to make this cute princess dress!  Maybe in time for the RennFaire!
Person: That would be a LOT of work.

Panel 2
[Leah]
Beth: I want to make this cute princess dress!  Maybe in time for the RennFaire!
Leah: You should do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment