She really does look like a squirrel.
Oh, and she's insane. Randomly chases Tiger, jumps from place to place, twitches like she's on something. But she's also that rare breed of cat everyone wants: a lap cat.
How to tell if cats are playing or fighting:
- Vocalization is more prominent in a fight, such as yowling, screaming, and excessive hissing.
- If blood is drawn, it's probably a fight. Cats rarely unsheathe their claws or bite hard enough to break the skin when they are playing.
- If the cats take turns chasing each other (i.e. being the aggressor), it's playing. Cats in a fight will not trade off roles like that.
- After a real fight, cats will avoid each other. After playing, everything is normal.
- Test: Try to distract the cats with a noise they like (can opener, treats). Cats in a fight will not respond.