August 9, 2011

In Memorium: Alice


After moving the cats to our new house on Saturday, August 6th, I noticed Alice had a wet cough and was breathing strangely.  We took her to the emergency vet, who said that the stress of the move must have aggravated her heart defect because her lungs had filled halfway with fluid.  Due to the chronic nature of her heart, the extreme expense of the available treatment, the lack of assurance that she wouldn't relapse, and the hardship of lifelong medication, we chose to let her go.

She was our baby, our kitten, and one of the sweetest kitties I've ever known.  As Alex put it, "She fit so much kitty into her short life."

I wanted to draw something for her like I did for Smokey, but I couldn't.  Everything I drew seemed too sad.

We are currently grieving.

NOTE: I have previously-drawn comics that feature Alice, several of which are scheduled to post over the next few weeks.  Please don't be confused by them.  We want to remember all the good, adorable, funny moments that Alice has given us and hope that she can bring you some measure of the joy she brought us.


Alice and Tiger 2010
Alice in a Cup 2010
Tiger and Alice 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment